Tharsis Tholis towers 8 km above the surrounding terrain. Its base stretches 155 x 125 km and what marks it out as unusual is its battered condition.
The image was created using a Digital Terrain Model (DTM) obtained data taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera on ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft during four orbits of Mars: 0997, 1019, 1041, 1052 between 28 October and 13 November 2004. Elevation data from the DTM is colour coded: purple indicates the lowest lying regions and beige the highest. The scale is in metres.
For more images of Tharsis Tholus and more from Mars Express, please visit: www.esa.int/esa-mmg/mmg.pl?b=b&type=I&mission=Mar…
- nihilistview likes this
- fitzpatrickyou834 likes this
- ceesquatch reblogged this from olio-ataxia
- fergusonicd890 likes this
- doctorhoenikker reblogged this from olio-ataxia
- keepawayhoney likes this
- funky-futon-dreams reblogged this from olio-ataxia
- jamesbellart likes this
- tissuesandbones likes this
- ob-la-di-ob-la-daa reblogged this from olio-ataxia
- olio-ataxia posted this